As skilled Danville and St. Helena estate planning attorneys, we provide trustworthy legal guidance to individuals and families throughout the East Bay and the Napa Valley. Our critical focus is creating effective, tax-efficient plans while providing the highest level of personal service.
Because each client is unique, our lawyers serve as counselors in the true sense of that word. As respected Contra Costa County and wine country estate planning attorneys, we represent clients with a broad range of wealth issues and employ a wide variety of estate planning strategies, with the goal of protecting each family’s financial future in conjunction with succession planning, tax reduction or tax elimination.
Our experienced estate planning attorneys focus on the following areas:
- Advance Health Care Directives
- Financial Powers of Attorney
- Forms of Property Ownership Between Spouses
- Generation Skipping Transfer Tax Trusts (Dynasty Trusts)
- Guide for Transfer of Assets to a Revocable Living Trust
- Joint Tenancy vs. Community Property
- Probate Procedures and Duties of a Personal Representative
- The Relationship between Characterization of Property
- Revocable and Irrevocable Trusts
- The Revocable Living Trust
- Separate Property and Community Property
- Special Needs Trusts
- Trust Administration and Probate Services
- Ways to Hold Title for Married Couples in California
Our goal is to help our clients plan for the orderly transfer of wealth consistent with their wishes. That comes about from a clear understanding of client intentions, a detailed review of client assets and finances, and a thorough grasp of current (and constantly changing) federal and state tax laws. From that base of knowledge, our experienced estate planning attorneys draft concise and understandable documents necessary to implement thoughtful estate plans.