- Land Use and Real Estate
Mrs. Jewell's practice focuses on prevention and resolution of real estate disputes involving construction defects, purchase and sale of homes, construction contracts, leases, easements, trees and views, mechanic's lien claims and homeowner's association controversies. Her clients include sellers and buyers involved in real estate nondisclosure claims, as well as realtors, architects, engineers, contractors, landlords and tenants. She also advises clients on insurance coverage issues under their homeowners, CGL and professional liability policies. Mrs. Jewell resides in Benicia with her husband Jim. She is an active member of St. Paul's Episcopal Church, Benicia, serving as a Lay Eucharistic Minister, and having served as Senior Warden and on the Vestry. She enjoys singing in the choir and working with teens in outreach projects which help the larger community.
- California, 1981
- U.S. Federal Court, 1984
- California State Bar Association
- Contra Costa County Bar Association, Real Property Section
- Contra Costa County Superior Court ADR Panel member
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1981
- University of Texas, Austin, Texas
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1969
- AV Preeminent Rating From Martindale-Hubbell"
- President, Rotary Club of Danville, 2009-2010. Club Member since 2003
- Director, Discovery Counseling Center of the San Ramon Valley, Inc., 1989-2002. President, 1993-1994.
- Lay Eucharistic Minister, Senior Warden, St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Benicia, since 1983.
- Chancellor for the Episcopal Diocese of Northern California
- Contra Costa County Bar Association Food From the Bar committee member since circa 1992