Business & Contract Law
Gagen McCoy counsels our clients on cost-effective solutions to what are frequently difficult and complicated matters, and we provide the level of expertise necessary for practical and efficient problem solving. We represent individuals and business entities, including corporations, limited liability companies, general partnerships, limited partnerships, joint ventures and sole proprietorships, on a wide range of business issues.
Our clients include both businesses that primarily focus their activities in the San Francisco Bay area and others that are extensively involved in international transactions. Our attorneys have the experience base necessary to quickly identify a range of solutions for the client to weigh and consider, and the ability to then help implement the selected course of action. In a recent survey, the leading concern among business people was that their attorneys were either too expensive, too slow, or failed to understand the importance of getting the transaction done. We pride ourselves on our ability to apply the right set of legal resources to the problem presented, and to get the job done quickly, correctly and at a reasonable cost.
We regularly work on the following types of matters:
- Assets and stock acquisitions
- Breach of contract
- Business relationships and counseling
- Compensation incentives and executive contracts
- Counseling on issues relating to contract formation and contract interpretation
- Employment, including wrongful termination, harassment and policy manual drafting and revision
- Private Funding Documentation and Federal and State Securities Exemption Compliance
- Real estate contracts
- Software Development and Licensing Agreements
- State licensing requirements
- Strategic planning
- Trade secret and unfair competition matters
- Vendor Service and Out-Sourcing Agreements
Our attorneys also offer a unique set of services to California school administrators throughout the State of California who are regularly referred to us by the Association of California School Administrators (ACSA) and by other school administrators and school districts with whom we have had previous contact.