With our unique and varied practice groups, we have the ability to handle a wide range of transactional and litigation matters in a highly competent, cost-effective manner.
Land Use and Real Estate
The Firm’s land use and real estate attorneys have extensive experience throughout the Bay Area in residential and commercial land use projects, and real estate matters and related litigation. Our land use attorneys process complex land use and development applications through federal, state and local governmental agencies, including Bay Area counties and cities. Our clients include nationally known companies and land developers, as well as local property owners subdividing and developing their ranches, farms, or commercial and residential properties. Our real estate attorneys are involved in all phases of real estate law, including the negotiation and drafting of all types of real estate contracts, leases, and loan instruments, and related real estate litigation.
Gagen McCoy brings to its clients the following extensive land use and real estate services:
- Processing land use and development applications through state and local government agencies
- Appearing at all levels of administrative hearings, including Boards of Supervisors, City Councils, Planning Commissions and Design Review Boards
- Working with engineers, architects and other professionals on complex development matters
- Appearing for clients in administrative and arbitration proceedings
- Petitioning before state agencies and professional trade organizations for construction and real estate licenses, including all brokerage issues and real estate disputes
- Negotiating, drafting and interpreting purchase contracts, options, leases, easements, agreements, licenses, loan instruments and related documents
- Advising on all stages of the construction process, including construction defects, mechanics' liens, building permits and all related dispute resolution
Our land use and real estate attorneys work closely with our business, litigation, and tax attorneys, enabling us to represent our clients on virtually every type of land use and real estate matter, from the most complex large commercial/residential projects and real estate transactional issues to the most basic disputes among neighbors.